Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

new features on blog



I've been really busy the last week adding new features to the blog.


In the left top section you now see a link list, called "my galleries", each of those clickable lines take you to a gallery of sorts, of my work in the type indicated. I'm sure there are some bugs to work out of it yet, for instance, I should probably add the instruction to click on the comment button to contact moi, etc etc. Anyway, I hope you like it, there are a few pics I seem to have 'lost' in the machine that I'll have to retake so I can add them, then it's just keeping things up dated!

This is my most recent painting, I'm calling it "stitching the moon to the sky" I don't remember where I read that quote, but it stuck in my mind. It referred to a skein of geese flying across the night sky, and I thought it very evocative.

I have another underway the same size and shape, it's a fun size that forces me to think out side the so called box. These are on pieces of masonite that they were going to throw out at work, so I scooped up a bunch of them. Reduce/reuse/recycle baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.