Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Do not move firewood re-visited

emerald ash borer painting


Catherine and I have been frantically getting everything ready for our duo show at Cherryhill remember we hang on the evening of March 31st, our opening is on Tuesday March 7th 7-9 p.m. Our art is there until April 30th. As is customary we will have nibbles etc at our opening/meet and greet, and it would be great to see you there!


This is "Do not move firewood". As you can see, I've added a cradled backing board so that it will be easier to frame, "Thank a Pollinator" is just about to the same stage... but not quite. I've ordered my frames from Adam at Art at Eight framers, and I picked up my adverts from the great guys at The Print Studio this week. Press release's have been sent, sooo, things are coming together (cross fingers).




D.A.A.N. (Dorchester) has a spring show coming up in May, and Appreciation of the Arts in St Thomas will be on May 7-9 stay tuned as we used to say, lots more to come!


In my 'net cruising I recently came across an article on Artists using their art to barter for services. I've done a bit of this, but these folks are taking barter to a whole new level. This harks back to a simpler time I think, or perhaps I'm romanticising, either way I thought the article was worth sharing.


Another article I found interesting is about the U.S. stimulus package, and it's arts component. the discussion gets a bit vigorous. I think most artists have come across someone like 'Don', I know I have, and the


re-buttals make for interesting reading.


Two other shows up coming, Brush and Palette April 2-4 Byron Library, and Lambeth Art Association April 23-25 Lambeth United Church . I'm not in either, but several of my friends are, so go and support them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.