Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Three weeks down, and several more to go, assuming I pass my 'presentation' on the 17th.
The course Catherine and I have been taking is turning my brain to mush, I don't think I did this much homework...ever. And - it's keeping me out of the studio, the withdrawal is awful :)
Last week was the Dorchester Artists' Network show. We seem to have started a new tradition of doing it in the dark. Last year the power went out and this year it didn't just go out, it stayed out. Unfortunately, it's hard to have a successful show with out power, sigh.
Thursday, Catherine and I will be hanging our 'duet' show at Cherry hill Library in London, it will be up all of June, in the Sam Katz meeting room, I haven't received confirmation yet, but we are hoping to have a gathering on Saturday June 19, I'll let you know more details as soon as I have them.
The garden is giving me some relief from my art withdrawal. The new section(butterfly/hummingbird garden) I put in last year is really filling in well.
This is the first year that I've left the net over the pond, I got tired of operating a sushi bar for big blue. This morning I was glad I had, during my 6:00am walk around the garden, I saw that the finned ones were 'at it again' , and they had an audience, there he was... standing on the roof... watching. So now instead of operating a sushi bar, I'm operating a ??? peep show???

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.