Monday, August 9, 2010

hawk painting, Hawk Spirit #1 Native American



It's been another super busy week (excuses for late post follows). Well O.K. lets just sum up by saying art shows, art stuff, art work, and life.


I am pleased to say that the first of the Salthaven pieces is finished...although it's whispering to me about a few minor touches here and there, they are minor.


I have a couple of commission pieces to work on before I can get into #2 which will be Ancient Egyptian, but it wants out of my brain and onto canvas so, soon my friends soon.



Here's a pic of one of the art show's I did this week (Woodstock), the other in Copenhagen was a disaster, it was super windy and my set up blew over. I was lucky. I damaged my display stands, and a few frames but the art is O.K. Another artist wasn't so lucky. The sad thing was that the show was very poorly attended and sales thin on the ground. Weather may have had a bit to do with that, but I don't think that that's a pond I'll fish in again.


One of my fav art writers Clint Watson wrote an article last week about how in conventional business you know who your market is and you focus on them, in art business it's not so cut and dried, so you have to be like a fisherman and cast your bait into many ponds until you find the one for you. I'm getting some bites, but I'd still like to find the pond with the 'big ones'. As the wife of a fishing fanatic the analogy spoke volumes to me. I just hope I don't spend as much on boats, baits and bobbers as DH has, to get a few bites. I want to catch my limit! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *