Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tiny 'flying jewel' paintings of butterflies

Monarch butterfly, for sale on wild life page

With the gallery's grand opening just days away, I've been working like mad trying to get some new work done. The SEB business course I spent the summer taking, was very informative, but it meant that I didn't get as much work ready as I normally would, and now I'm paying for that.



A couple of opportunities have been missed, and while there isn't much I can do about it, I'm still annoyed with myself.



I'm investigating having these paintings reproduced on plak-it mounts. I've had photo's plaked, and when I saw that Vivian Tserotas has had some of her work reproduced on plaks, I thought hmmm, that would work!



swallowtail butterfly, for sale on wildlife page



A paper reproduction didn't appeal to me, and there are issues with fading with canvas reproductions. I like the chunkiness of plaks so we'll see. Then of course finding shops to sell them is the next step.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *