Monday, January 31, 2011

Work In Progress




It's a w.i.p. week, this is just hours away from completion, but it's just been one of those weeks...and the next one and the next one and the...hmmmm seems to be a pattern here.



The back ground is done, but unfortunately I tried to hurry the drying process and the masonite warped, so now I've got it damped down and weighed down in the hope that I can straighten out the mess my impatience made, sigh.




The collage element is almost done, I have one more butterfly to do and the bowl the flowers are in, and yes for those of you who aren't familiar with my kinda weird process that's tissue I'm painting on :)


The Amabile Choir fund raiser art show/sales is hanging at Masonville Library, the opening night sale/auction is Saturday Feb. 5th 2-4, I have three pieces in, there are 90 works ranging from work from textile to clay to glass and of course lots of paintings. Reading the list of the artists who have put in work is like reading a who's who of London Artists!

And don't forget, the opening for Portside's Mini show is Sunday Feb 6. 1-4. See ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *