Monday, February 21, 2011

Blackberry lily, Austin roses

blackberry lily painting



February is flying away, the hint of spring we had earlier this week was a harbinger of things to come and I for one can't wait.




Next Saturday I'll be at the Eastwood Ladies Day, fund raiser for MS. The speaker is Sue Minns, whom I understand is hilarious. It's at Eastwood Baptist and starts at 9:00, running until 2:00pm. Ya coming?

Lillian Austin rose painting


This weeks paintings are for the miniature show at our Gallery in Lambeth, the Opening is Sunday March 6, 1-4. Teeny tiny paintings are addictive, once you wrap your mind around the difficulties of painting that small.


Lillian Austin rose painting
The blackberry lily pops up all over my garden, true to it's name the seed heads mature into bunches of black berries that the birds love and spread around.

The roses are from pic's of my Lillian Austin roses. I really love this rose, it's beautiful and the scent will knock you over, unfortunately it has taken a beaten this winter, it has gone from up right to prostrate under the weight of all the snow, the rabbits have taken advantage and chewed it up. I know they have to eat too, but why do they always chew up my favorite plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *