Friday, June 10, 2011

Port Stanley Artist Show





To paraphrase Bugs 'This is it, tonight's the night, no more canvas stretching and nursing our paints, we've hung all our art with heart....on with the show this is it!"

The opening for the Port Stanley Artists' Guild show is tonight, I've just gotten home from hanging the show... it's spectacular!

This is our 21st year, every year we've matured a bit more as artists, and the show just keeps getting better!

I wish I'd thought to take pictures to share with you... you'll just have to come and see it for your self!

I'm almost done the Oriole painting I mentioned last week, I'm very pleased with it so far. Applying that final layer is always a bit heart in mouth, you just have to trust that it's all going to work the way it was envisioned, I'll post the results as soon as it's done.

The one pic I do have to post is of my 'helper'. I wore out my old cloths line (environmentalist aka cheap), when I was cementing in the new one a curious toad had to be shoo'd away, you can't see in the pic but he wasn't alone, there were actually three toads in that part of the garden, the others weren't so bold though.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *