Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Red Admiral Butteryfly, Helianthus Painting

red Admiral butterfly, helianthus flower painting Hmmm, what shall I call this one? perhaps something about spheres? I like the other worldly feel of the circles, they make me think of inter-dimensional portals, other worlds, other times....
This is another small (8x10) work on TerraSkin. Man I love this 'paper' it has an almost sensuous feel to it, like, well skin. I wish for really big sheets though.

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

Like everyone else I've been praying for rain, my garden is crispy, crunchy, and very sad looking. I've been hand watering perennials I planted this year, veggies and a few vulnerable plants, but my rain barrels are just about empty.

I've never used my air conditioners the way I have this year too, there goes the budget. 'nuf complaining, at lest I've got 'air' I feel sorry for folks who don't.


re: the test's I mentioned last week, one failed, one is still waiting for results, and one has been 'put over' to a date in August. The 4th test of one of my favorite people was fine, she breezed through it, but I knew she would, and so wasn't worried, the others though...boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.