Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Monday, August 1, 2011

pear painting, triptych with texture

Have you ever had a disaster of a painting. One you spent hours fighting, and it just refused to work? The idea was good, the colour and values fine, but it just wouldn't gel...



I spent waaaaay too much time trying to fix this one, in the end in shear frustration I cut it up and remounted it as a triptych, now it works.



I like it so much I think I'm going to try a few more triptychs. I have a couple of art fair's in the offing, that I need some kick a$$ work for, and this just might fit the ticket! Ya gotta love it when the Phoenix rises, and brings a whole new perspective with it!



I'm calling it 'Pears N' Squares' (thanks Bob for the title), I forgot to photograph it before I took it to the gallery hence the cockeyed photo, it'll be part of the new show we're opening tomorrow, at the AGL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.