Sunday, November 6, 2011

another difficult painting



I feel like I've been working on this painting for months, although it's only a couple of weeks. I've been thinking about it for that long though.



St Thomas Public Art Centre, is having a show called Identity transfer, which is of self portraits...sort of. The "widest possible interpretation" is how they phrase it.



I've done a gazillion portraits, of other people, and sketched myself at lest that many times (what can I say the model works cheap) so I really had no desire to do a 'regular' self portrait.



I spent a great deal of time thinking about what my 'identity' was what's important to me, how I'd like to be remembered, I wrote a free association piece that is incorporated into the work. Then I tried to distill it all into something interesting to look at.



I'm not sure what to think about the results, my hubby likes it, I'm not so sure... maybe I'm too close to it, in more ways than one.



I can't help but think it needs a butterfly in that centre circle, rather cliche, but also rather me.



What do you think? I'd really like to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *