Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winters Majesty

winters majesty, painting Bruce Peninsula

Six sleeps 'till we get the keys for the AE&BG, things are revving up, we're ready for take off. Once we get the keys we have a ton of work to do in a very short period of time. Like us on Facebook for updates on our progress.


I met today with Ted McLauchlin of Highlander Gallery/Studios. We were introduced by Philip Schmidt a week or so ago, at the brunch Phil hosted for his Connected Arts venture. Ted is an interesting guy, a non-practicing artist himself, he now works with other artists to help them develop a brand, and to fine tune their marketing and business skills. He had lots of suggestions, some not so comfy like less blog more facebook, and maybe even twitter-that's scary, me...twitter...but I intend to follow his lead.


This is the piece I did for Philip's Connected Arts vision. As I said landscape is not my forte, none the less I'm quite pleased with the result, and I will admit it was a lot of fun.


Don't forget Portside's mini show is on the Month of February, and the opening is Sunday Feb. 5th 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.