Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mono print fun

I hope you've been out side enjoying this glorious spring weather, I've been in the garden a bit, not as much as I'd like, but it's early yet.


Art wise; I've spent the week tinkering with some experimental techniques. I added diatomatious earth to gesso to use in place of molding paste, a friend-Heather Kohl does this and I've always loved her work. I've got to say that she makes it look easy, and it's not!


I think I'll be cutting up my experiment, there are a couple of parts of it I like that I'll save, the rest I'll discard.


I've also been playing around with mono prints again. My students love printing, and I do too, this printers daughter didn't fall too far from the proverbial tree.


I use high density Styrofoam (un-used meat trays) purchased from our local grocer for these prints. They're fun and just challenging enough to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.