Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mystery Mini Moth



My camera has had a busy week, and more than a few of the resulting pic's will find their way into my pool of reference material for upcoming work.



Most of my subjects I can identify, but this wee fellow remains a mystery. He's about a cm or less, and was sipping nectar from the forget-me-nots, phlox, and lamulum beside the pond. If you can help me ID this tiny - I think it may be some kind of sphinx moth- I'd appreciate it!



I've offered to send out a call for artists for the Lexus Celebrity Golf Classic and Art Auction for the LHSC prostrate cancer research fund. They will only be accepting work from 5 artists, the artists will be paid an 'appearance fee' plus have a chance to hob nob with the celebs at the gala.



I'm putting a piece in, though hob nobbing isn't my strong suit, lol!



The organizer seemed to think that was a real perk, I wonder how many of us would agree, since a higher than average number of artists are introverts. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.