Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Friday, June 14, 2013

My drug of choice-Paint!

Now the spring shows are done and the pressure is off, it's time to relax and have fun. For me that means paint, my drug of choice.
First I reworked some pieces that I wasn't happy with, then I got started on some new work.  Unfortunately the biggest boards I have are 9x12, which feels awfully small to me right now...I do however have some hollow core doors that I scored a while ago that I've been dying to get at, and with hubby and son going on a boy's fishin' week..... I can spread out on  the dining room table, FAR bigger than my studio, and really get into it!
I used to complain about the size of my studio, until I saw my friend Candy Mcmaniman's
reworked      

and new work
studio, which is literally a closet, I at lest have a 8x10 room, crammed full of stuff-mixed media artists need stuff-but at lest it's a room, and I have the bonus of a large north window (the golden standard for artists is north light).
It is fun when I have 2 students and 2 dogs plus myself in there.... but hey, how lucky am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.