Colourful Contemporary Art

I am a professional artist and art teacher.
I paint the tenacious bits of wild that defy human activity in a manner inspired by
my fascination with fossils and designed to make the viewer look deeper.
Studio visits by luck or by appointment are welcome.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

More Colours of Summer

 Colours of Summer #7 isn't telling me it's name, this is actually the third over painting of this one, it's being difficult.
sold

What do you think I should call it?
 The colours are just a bit muted here, the butterfly is an orange sulphur, and the asters purple, I never know if it's the monitor, or me that's a bit off...lol


This second painting is one I started when we were at Restoule this summer, it's actually been done for a while, and it's been at the gallery, I just kept forgetting to photograph it. While landscape isn't really my 'thing' this scene begged to be painted, and I obliged.   I've been working to get some work ready for the St Thomas 'Art Before Christmas Show and Sale' which is early November, and fast coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Add your comments.